Welcome to the Guidance Office
Guidance Counselor: Mary L. Lass, Ed.S
Ms. Lass's Background Information
B.S. Degree Double Major in Counseling Skills and Psychology
M.Ed. Degree in Counseling and Guidance
Ed.S. Degree in Educational Administration and Supervision
Licensed School Counselor
Licensed School Administrator
Been in the field of Counseling since 1996.
Child and Adolescent Therapist- 2.5 years
Taught Counseling and other classes on the collegiate level part-time- 6 years
School Guidance Counselor- 9.5 years
Services Provided by the Guidance Office
- Crisis Counseling
- Abuse Reporting
- Short-term Individual Counseling
- Meet with Parents, Students, Faculty and Administrationto resolve any academic, emotional, physical, mental or social needs a student may have.
- Teach Character Education Curriculum
- Teach Safe & Drug Free Schools Curriculum
- Career Day Coordination
- Testing Co-Coordination
- Christmas Assistance Coordination
- Student Support Team (SST) Co-Coordination- This committee meets to determine if a student with chronic academic or behavioral issues needs to be tested for possible special education services.
- ABBIT Society Coordination- ABBIT stands for A's and B's Because I Try. This is an honor society recognizing any 4th and 5th grade student with all a's and b's for the 9 week grading period.
- C.A.R.E. Team Coordination- C.A.R.E. stands for Children Are Resilient and Empowered. These are small groups on various topics such as divorce, grief and stress, that students can join. They can attend once a week for 9 weeks either in the fall or spring semesters.