This is an incredibly difficult time for our community, and we are so proud of all the ways we have come together already. With schools on an extended closure through April 24, we hope you have found helpful the materials and resources already provided by your child’s teacher. What a wonderful collection of staff members we have at Madison Creek! I am humbled and honored to lead this group of elite educators.
The District now has in place an extensive distance learning program to be implemented uniformly by all elementary schools. This new program,Sumner Connect, is being introduced to teachers today (March 31), and our first phase of distance learning activities will start district-wide on Wednesday, April 1. This week, families can expect:
- Opportunities to Connect
- Teachers will connect with students online or by phone each week.
- Teachers will send weekly updates with instructional priorities for the week.
- Parents are encouraged to reach out to teachers and principals with questions or requests for additional support.
- Opportunities to Learn
- Teachers will email recommendations for independent reading, as well as direct links to ELA and math lessons for the day. Additionally, physical fitness and mindfulness activities are encouraged each day to ensure health and wellness.
- School leaders will identify and enact plans with families who have limited access to technology.
- Sample daily learning routines are available here and can certainly be modified to meet the specific needs of your family.